2012 Grammy Nominations
Michael Tilson Thomas and the San Francisco Symphony have received yet another Grammy nomination in the Best Orchestral Performance category, this time for the in-house recording of John Adams' Harmonielehre and Short Ride in a Fast Machine.
When you look through the Grammy nomination list, you have to look through more than 60 categories, including some arcane/exotic ones, before arriving at classical music, reflecting the genre's status in the recording world.
Of local interest:
- Marina and Victor Ledin, Producer of the Year, Classical, for several recordings, including Delibes Sylvia and Coppélia (Martin West, San Francisco Ballet Orchestra) and Mind Meld (ZOFO Duet)
- ZOFO, Best Chamber Music/Small Ensemble Performance, Mind Meld
- András Schiff, Best Classical Instrumental Solo, for Bach Das Wohltemperierte Clavier (part of his San Francisco performance series)
- And here's a sure winner: Music Of Ansel Adams: America, Chris Brubeck and Dave Brubeck, composers, in the Best Instrumental Composition category.
Included in: Music News: Dec. 11, 2012
- Wed May 29, 2013 8:00pm
- Sat June 1, 2013 8:00pm
- Wed June 5, 2013 (All day)