The San Francisco Bach Choir, a 70-voice community choir, is seeking an experienced collaborative pianist to join our musical staff. Core repertoire is centered around Renaissance and Baroque music but includes choral music of all periods.
- Accompanying rehearsal on grand piano (playing keyboard parts, orchestral reductions, and open choral score as needed)
- Possibly playing the Choir’s 4-rank positive organ in dress rehearsals and concerts
- Playing from figured bass is not required, but welcomed.
- Depending upon the repertoire, the pianist may or may not be required to participate in dress rehearsals and concerts.
- There may be an opportunity to play a short solo work within a concert set.
- The seasons generally run from late August to mid-May.
- Weekly rehearsals on Tuesday evenings from 7-10pm at Calvary Presbyterian Church, at Fillmore & Jackson in San Francisco.
- 4 Saturday rehearsals (10am-3pm): 9/10, 10/1; 11/5, 11/12
- Possible additional concert week rehearsals, depending on repertoire (Wed & Fri 7-10pm): 11/30, 12/2; concerts: Sat 12/3 7:30pm & Sun 12/4 4pm
For the 2022-2023 season, pianist will initially be hired for a trial period (Aug 31-Oct 16, 2022; Oct 18-Dec 4, 2022; Jan 17-Mar 7, 2023; Mar 14-May 9, 2023) before being offered a permanent position.
Trial period rate: $40/hour. Permanent rate to be negotiated upon offer of position. Some benefits available.
To apply, please send a brief resume, including references and complete contact information, to [email protected].