Director of Marketing and Messaging
This senior staff position will provide leadership and oversight of LACO’s marketing and messaging, earned revenue, patron services, digital strategy, and external communications toward the achievement of institution-wide strategic goals: to position the Orchestra as an indispensable community resource; to present programs that diversify, expand, and strengthen the LACO community; and to establish a stable financial foundation on which to build the next generation of world-class artistry. In addition to bearing responsibility for subscription and single-ticket revenue, the Director of Marketing and Messaging will collaborate with colleagues on the Senior Staff team in driving LACO’s overall post-pandemic recovery and growth. Additional responsibilities include leading the marketing and communications teams and collaborating closely with the Development and Production Departments to oversee all outward-facing communication institution-wide.
The successful candidate is an optimistic, strategic, collaborative, creative, curious, results-motivated marketing professional with fastidious attention to detail and a demonstrated ability to create and implement a plan toward successful outcomes. They will have extensive experience in the non-profit performing arts sector marketing concerts & events, selling both single and season tickets. Their commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion is reflected in strong written and verbal communication skills. They will have an affinity for classical music but love music of all kinds and seek others with whom to share it. They’re self-motivated, organized, detail-oriented, data-driven, follow industry trends, and have a proven ability to independently and creatively solve problems. They have an entrepreneurial streak and are excited by the opportunities presented by change and innovation. They should exemplify strong project management skills and be motivated by working in a small, collaborative work environment. Applicants should have at least five years of relevant team leadership experience and should demonstrate increasing responsibility and revenue growth scenarios in previous positions. Digital marketing strategy experience including social media, paid advertising, and email. Helpful but not required: working knowledge of Microsoft Office360, PatronManager, SalesForce, Adobe Creative Suite, WordPress, EMMA or similar email marketing platforms.
- Meet departmental earned revenue goals of approximately $900,000 annually including subscription and single- ticket sales, merchandise sales, and inbound advertising.
- Develop and execute an annual Marketing Plan in alignment with the LACO strategic plan to reach overall organizational revenue goals.
- Responsible for maintaining institution-wide brand consistency and overseeing accurate copy
- Set and manage Marketing Team workflows and goals.
- Advance brand awareness and visibility.
- Lead a team of two to three full-time employees and consultants for PR, box office operations, and graphic design.
- Create and monitor annual Marketing budget of approximately $450,000, in consultation with Dir. of Finance.
- Manage company-wide design and production of print, digital, OOH (banners, billboards, buses, kiosks, etc.) and physical collateral, including but not limited to brochures, program books, mailings, inserts, posters, website, ads, emails, social media, print mailings, fundraising materials, and branded merchandise.
- Participation at all LACO concerts and special events is expected.
This full-time, exempt position with health, vision, and dental benefits with 403(b) retirement match, reporting the Executive Director. Salary range is between $110,000 and $125,000 annually, commensurate with experience.
The Los Angeles Chamber Orchestra is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from diverse candidates, and we are committed to the creation of an inclusive work environment for all employees. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, gender expression/identity, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, or criminal conviction.
Interested applicants should send cover letter, resume, and references to [email protected].
Application review begins immediately; applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $110,000.00 - $125,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
Work Location: Hybrid remote