Lower School Music Teacher
CalWest's client school in the Greater San Francisco Bay Area is seeking a Lower School Music Teacher to begin August 14, 2023.
- Report to the Lower School Division Head.
- Work with students in grades TK-3 as well as offer choral classes to 7th and 8th grade students as part of the middle school Performing, Visual, and Creative Arts courses.
- Develop and implement a dynamic music curriculum that incorporates both performance and music appreciation of a diverse range of musical styles, cultures, and time periods that are engaging and developmentally appropriate while differentiating to meet the needs of all learners.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of current best practices in music education and effectively apply these to their teaching.
- Share the school vision of high standards of learning in a safe, caring, and supportive setting.
- Value teaching practices that are grounded in equity, dignity, and respect while recognizing and honoring cultural differences.
- Utilize ethical principles in decision-making and communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with families and colleagues.
- Be open to new ideas, accept constructive feedback, solve problems creatively, and manage the multiple demands of teaching.
- Candidates should have a degree in music, elementary education, or a related field, plus experience working with students ages 4-10.
- Experience leading vocal ensembles, and an advanced degree in music or music education is desired.
- Strong interpersonal skills, pedagogical expertise, a growth mindset, a proactive approach to creating a sense of belonging for all students in the classroom, the ability to integrate into our school culture, a good sense of humor, and flexibility are essential.
How to Apply:
Click here to apply: