I believe students are unique individuals, each with their own learning style and inherent potentiality. I work with ages six and up, including seniors, and levels beginning through advanced. My approach provides structured lessons with fun, encouraging interaction, and fosters development of fundamental skills: reading, technique, rhythm, scales. I encourage students to find expression and meaning through interpretation, imagination, creativity, and history. I am patient and understanding, methodical and systematic, and work with the student to break down material in a way that makes it easier to play and understand.
- Over 15 years of private and group classes at numerous schools in the bay area.
- Discounts may be given in cases where multiple house-members are taking lessons.
- I offer classical training, yet will work with students on different musical styles of their interest.
- Lessons may also incorporate or focus on composition, improvisation, music theory, and musicianship.
- Drop-in theory and musicianship tutoring welcome.