New Notes (9am-11am)
For more experienced musicians, this chamber music curriculum reflects the transformation of the turn of the century Classic/Romantic standards into contemporary instrumental music of more recent eras, expanding the envelope of structure as well as some improvisational skills; from rags to riches.
- Skill Level: Ideal for int/adv instrumentalists, Musicians with strong music skills including sight reading, Confidence as both a music leader and a follower, Strong Focus Skills Required.
- Music Focus: Masterpieces of the Baroque, Classical and Romantic eras and beyond.
Technique/Classroom Skills: Strings: All positions; Piano: All scales and I, IV, V chords and arpeggios; Winds/Brass: Strong grasp of transposition and playing over the break.
- – Ben Green, Winds/Brass
- – Ondine Young, Piano/Strings/Percussion
- • Talia and Liam Young-Skeen
Class Meeting Times: Saturdays, 9AM – 11AM
- • 9:00-9:45 Music Games/Theory/Composition with Mr. Green
- • 9:45-10:00 Break/Transition
- • 10:00-10:45 Active music making on the Stage with Dr. Young
- • 10:45-11:00 Cleanup/Closing
Musically Minded offers unique music education programs in multiple genres on most instruments designed to help students develop a passion not only for individual instruments but for excellent musicianship. We aim to inspire our students to learn music as a language and communicate and connect with themselves and their communities by enjoying this art form.
We will have scholarships in the second semester, but not the first. (We are raising funds now).