Basics, Blues and Beyond II (11am-1pm)
For students with 2+ years of experience. All ages are welcome but great for intermediate players. This jazz ensemble is a step beyond just the basics.
- Skill Level: 2+ years of experience, All ages welcome, great for intermediate players, Music staff reading skills are required. Confidence as both a music leader and a follower, Strong focus skills.
- Music Focus: Learning all 12 major scales and modes, Blues scales, and more, Ear training + sight reading, More standards + creating original music
- Strings: All positions;
- Piano: All scales and I, IV, V chords and arpeggios;
- Winds/Brass: Strong grasp of transposition and playing over the break.
- – Ben Green, Woodwinds
- – Rich Armstrong, Brass/Strings/Percussion
- • Talia and Liam Young-Skeen
Class Meeting Times: Saturdays, 11AM – 1PM
- • 11:00-11:45 Music Games/Theory/Composition
- • 12:45-12:00 Break/Transition
- • 12:00-12:45 Active music making on the stage
- • 12:45-1:00 Cleanup/Closing
Musically Minded offers unique music education programs in multiple genres on most instruments designed to help students develop a passion not only for individual instruments but for excellent musicianship. We aim to inspire our students to learn music as a language and communicate and connect with themselves and their communities by enjoying this art form.
There will be scholarships in Spring of 2023, but not for this Fall 2022 session.